Feb 19, 2013

Road Kill

Tuesday morning, so the alarm went of a 5.45 am. I opened my eyes, rolled onto my side and checked out the fat suit's stomach and its spare tyre lying next to me. That was  motivation enough to drag its sorry arse out of bed!

I dashed into the bathroom for quick splash of water on my face and tooth-brushing ritual (morning breath is not my thing) before grabbing my 12WBT file and getting into my workout. Today's deal was 'toning' and, God knows, this body needs a lot of that!

So, straight into it and I felt great about giving it my all this morning, smashing the step-ups until my calves were on fire, belting out the push-ups until my arms nearly gave way, squatting and lunging like my life depended on it.

Really enjoyed the workout and loved getting to the end of that ab circuit, feeling fit and fabulous!

Finally, stretching... and I was in heaven. I relish the feeling of lengthening out those muscles that have worked so hard and I really try and take in the moment, listening to the sounds of the morning - the birds outside, a shower running in the bathroom, the hairdryer coming on, as my daughter gets herself ready for school.

So, I was into the home straight, daydreaming about how I must look like Marilyn Munro, sprawled out, languidly enjoying the stretch in my lower back (you know the one where you twist yourself so your top leg is flung over to the right while your torso and head faces left), when in waltzed my husband, just about to head off to work. 


Lying there, sunlight streaming through the windows, I wondered briefly if he might join me on the floor for a bit of early morning canoodling. I looked up at him, a suggestive smile on my lips. He gazed down at me, smiled back and earnestly said, 'You look like road-kill'. 

You have to admit, he had a point!

It made me laugh - a lot - and that's something that I love to do. A good laugh in the morning sets me up for an awesome day.

Hope you, dear reader, also looked like road kill this morning and that just the thought of it makes you smile!

No comments: