Feb 24, 2013

Measuring Up

OK - so I was pretty determined last Wednesday not to let a 'no loss' week get me down.

Stuff-Your-Face Jane has gone off sulking somewhere, because she hasn't been around all week and I've whipped Alcho Jane into submission, so she's behaving herself too. Lazy Jane has disappeared altogether and I doubt she'll bother coming back until at least next Sunday, when she can take advantage of the next 'rest day'.

It's interesting to note that my level of happiness has been quite disproportionate to the number on the scales.... I have been over-the-moon, bouncing-up-and-down, grinning-like-a-fool, exuberantly HAPPY. I haven't had one episode of feeling down, cranky, disappointed, moody, snappy, resentful - NONE! And that's all despite that 'no loss' Wednesday...

So what's going on? How can a woman, who's been fighting the flab so hard, be happy? I've come to the conclusion that it's all down to just one thing - movement. For the past god-knows-how-many years, this body has been spreading itself out, all over the couch, and every time someone's mentioned the word 'exercise', Lazy Jane has taken over, scowled and been pissed off about the whole idea. As it turns out, she was wrong to call the shots all the time so she's going to have to get used to just turning up on Sundays from here-on-out.

Yesterday, the Super Saturday session didn't result in a huge calorie burn. It seems that 'push-ups' and this body aren't entirely compatible just yet - any observer would assume they were witnessing a bunch of strange convulsions rather than 'push-ups' but by week 12, I'm sure they'll be more recognisable.

To make up the 'burn numbers', I took the dog for some soft sand walking  Out on the beach with my little pooch, it was a fantastic morning, snorting my way through the dunes and absolutely LOVING IT!

Today, I couldn't help myself... I just had to have a peek at my measurements. The scales might have been slow off the mark a few days ago, but lordy, lordy, that tape measure is showing some serious results!

Left Thigh - down 1 cm
Right Thigh - down 0.5 cm
Left Arm - down 2 cm
Right Arm - down 2 cm
Hips - down 2 cm
Chest - down 5.5 cm
Waist - down a whopping 12 cm!!



A quick calculation, and I'm pretty proud of myself - I've melted 25cm off my fat suit (that's 9.8 inches for any old-school readers) since my first measurements were taken on Sunday 10 February 2013 -  that's 25cm in just 2 weeks! You can't argue with those numbers. 12WBT is the SHIT!

Have a great Sunday, everyone, and keep giving it everything you've got!

No comments: