Feb 20, 2013

Oh yes, things are about to get ugly...

Have you ever been dunked and held under water?

Stage One:  you try and relax, reassuring yourself that you will be freed without any need to struggle... but then, Stage Two: something takes over and you can't help but try and push a bit, to let your captor know that you don't want to play their game.... but they still hold you down, laughing at your feeble attempts to escape. Stage 3: your fight response lights up in your adrenal cortex and you really kick and scratch, your body goes into overdrive, attacking with all its strength and giving everything you've got.

This fat layer that engulfs me is just like that- it's claustrophobic in here and I've been sitting back on Stage One, hoping it will just let go...but it's not going to be that easy. The fat suit is one of those cruel bastards that likes to smirk and jeer while holding me under.

This last week, I gave a bit of a push and started Stage Two, trying to reason with it and let it know that it's time to be nice and release me from its grip. But, no. The flab is pumped up and looking for a fight - it wants to show how powerful it is so it's just sitting there, putting all its energy into sticking around and holding me under. So, dear reader, I think it might be time to ramp up a level and give it a taste of Stage 3.

This week, I'm going to rain an absolute shit-storm down on it. Let's see who comes off second best!



No comments: